SaaS (Software as a Service)
is a modern software distribution model, which replaces the "complexity of the software to the simplicity of the service", which in comparison with the classical model, can not be overstated. In the classical model, using the software, apart from the cost of acquiring a license, there are many hidden invisible at first glance, costs avoidable when choosing an SaaS model (cost of equipment, cost of infrastructure development, cost of software maintenance, cost of dedicated professionals in the IT department, cost of upgrades and implementation of new software versions). The main advantage of SaaS is the ability to immediately start using the application without the need to purchase servers, software, and laborious process of its implementation.
Benefits of an SaaS applications most often emphasized by specialists are:
- Lack of single cost of purchasing the application (SaaS user pays usually a monthly subscription)
- No lengthy and costly process of implementation of system,
- Ease of evaluation - The application is available immediately for testing as part of the trial period,
- Simplicity of use of the application and management (SaaS applications are well designed in terms of usability, allowing the user to concentrate on his tasks, instead of "battle with the application"),
- No need to install the application on computer of a user using a standard web browser,
- Savings on support and service - the company using the SaaS model does not need to maintain an extensive IT department or use external services of this type,
- Always up to date version of the software - no need to make an application update to users,
- The ability to use the application from any device (computer, tablet ...) from anywhere,
- Security guarantee - SaaS services are provided by systems physically and logically protected so as to meet the most demanding customers needs (of which the less demanding customers make profit as well)
- Data security - provider of SaaS create backups of customer data,
- Scalable - as they operate on a platform designed to handle thousands of users, SaaS solutions are easy to scale with increasing demand of the customer,
- High availability - SaaS services must be available without interruption. Suppliers provide the highest level of reliability systems including business continuity in the event of natural disasters or major accidents (type of disaster recovery systems).